Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's been awhile....

I realized the other day that's been 6 months since I updated this blog. That's shocking, to be honest. I've done a ton of blog-worthy stuff the last few months, but finding the time to do the blog-worthy activities and finding the time to blog about those blog-worthy activities are two very different things.

Here's a brief overview of the things I've done that are blog worthy these past 6 months (so expect blogs dealing with them at some point):

- Finished our basement (I did all the low-voltage wiring - gigabit network, in-wall surround speakers, in-wall HDMI, etc)

- Bought a WDTV Live HD, and hacked it with custom firmware (thanks B-Rad!)



- Found out 1.5 months after I bought the WDTV Live HD that WD released a new product called the WDTV Live HD Plus. Not only did this suck because the Plus product contained the firmware to stream Netflix (but not Hulu, so I don't feel too bad), but it obviously drove the price of my version down.

- Was pleasantly surprised at the response my last post about upgrading Crystal 2008 has received. I've literally gotten emails from all over and found my blog linked in a number of Crystal-related forums. Not surprised that I'm not the only one with those issues, just more surprised that even now, SAP has shown no desire to fix the issue. Odd, to say the least.



- Upgraded to an HTC Evo on Sprint. Love it. Absolutely love it. With a few tweaks and changes, I have great battery life on an amazing smartphone. Combine that with my plan pricing, and I'm in cell phone heaven for not a lot of dough. I'll do a post tomorrow about all the ways I've figured out to save some serious battery life and still use my phone as often as I'd like.

- Bought a 40GB Apple TV with the intent of hacking it with either Boxee or XBMC. The laziness in me took over, however, as I found a unit pre-hacked for a great price, and bought it instead. :)

No comments: