Thursday, April 7, 2011

Crystal Reports 2008 SP3 upgrade hangs

I know, it's been a LONG time since my last post. During this time, Crystal FINALLY rolled out a SP3 build, thus replacing the need to go SP0 (who does an SP0 anyway?), SP1, SP2, and then SP3. It also should fix the issue I detailed here.

But, in rolling to the new build on a fresh install, my installer froze on the "Determining disk space requirements" screen. For hours.

I tried everything. Cleaning my registry with CCleaner. Rebooting. Etc and etc. Nothing worked.

Until I tried to most unlikely thing of all:
1. Check the French language pack during install.
2. Instead of selecting "Typical", choose "Custom" and don't click anything, just click "Next"

Voila! It's installing.

What the? Why in the world would that fix it? Checked some SAP forums, and it looks like I'm not the first to figure that out, so hopefully they'll get that fixed too....

Until next time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

F' n French! haha.

Thanks for the tip. Saved my bum.

Unknown said...

Well.... thanks for the tip!
With me, French didn't do the trick, so I cheked ALL languages! :-)
and it worked!!!